Family structure and communication is an important social element of an individual’s life as it is a key influence in normal functioning across physical, social, and psychological domains. Couples, pre-marital or marital therapy focuses on the communication patterns and problem behaviors between the individuals in a family who are in a long-term relationship.
We work with clients in this program to address specific patterns and interpersonal relationships within each familial system and promote healthy behaviors that can improve a couple's functioning as a whole.
Couples Therapy Provides
- Conjoint or separate spouse sessions
- Recognition, acceptance and change of problem behaviors
- Problem-solving & communication skills
- Education on how couple behavior can affect children
- Adaptable solutions to changing dynamics