Exposure to violence and abuse in childhood is widely recognized as a significant risk factor for serious social, emotional and behavioral problems among children. In many cases, when children are not treated, they may develop a variety of difficulties in adulthood. This trauma may also have a trans-generational pattern and affect both parent and child which makes parenting extremely difficult.
Trauma Focused Family Therapy is an evidence-based intervention for both parent/caregiver and child with a primary focus on conjoint caregiver-child sessions, co-regulation, and co-healing.
Trauma Therapy Provides
- Conjoint Caregiver-Child Sessions
- Parenting Skills Training
- Cognitive Coping
- Trauma Narrative and Processing
- Affective Expression and Modulation
- In Vivo Mastery of Trauma Reminders
- Relaxation Training
- Enhancing Future Safety and Development